These colourful, contemporary veggie kabobs are excellent for throwing on the grill once you want a fast facet dish. So scrumptious and straightforward!
Elevate your summer time grilling recreation with this fast and straightforward grilled Veggie Kabob recipe, the proper facet dish for something you’re grilling. Bursting with colours and texture, the charred corn, pink onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and tomatoes are completed off with BBQ sauce for additional taste. Make them upfront and throw them on the grill for a quick weeknight dinner or summer time celebration. Good for dairy-free and gluten-free diets. For extra kabob recipes, attempt my Grilled Rooster Pesto Kebabs, Steak Kebabs with Chimichurri, and Blackened Grilled Salmon Skewers.
In season summer time greens don’t want a lot work to make their flavors shine, right here I saved it easy with salt and pepper (no marinade wanted!) then end it with slightly BBQ sauce. Fast and straightforward!
Veggie Kabob Components
- Greens: Corn, pink onion, yellow and pink bell peppers, zucchini, cherry tomatoes
- Olive Oil Spray for the veggies
- Salt for seasoning
- Kabob Sauce: Water blended with BBQ sauce (Purchase your favourite or make home made sauce.)
The right way to Grill Veggie Kabobs
- Skewers: Use metallic skewers or bamboo skewers. If utilizing bambo, soak skewers in water for about half-hour earlier than threading the greens onto them. Soaking will stop the sticks from burning on the grill.
- Corn: Shuck the corn and reduce the small ends off the cobs. Reduce every ear into six items for 12 complete.
- Thread the Skewers: Alternate the veggies so you will have two items of every vegetable on every skewer.
- Season the Greens: Spritz the kabobs with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
- Sauce: Mix the BBQ sauce and water in a small bowl.
The right way to Reduce Veggies for Kabobs
Kabob veggies are a preferred selection for grilling, and the important thing to an awesome kabab is even cooking. All of your elements should be reduce to roughly the identical measurement to prepare dinner the greens evenly. In case your items are totally different sizes, the smaller ones might burn earlier than the bigger ones prepare dinner by way of. Listed here are some tips for making ready greens for kabobs:
- Bell Peppers: Take away the stem and seeds, and reduce the peppers into 1- to 1 ½-inch squares. This measurement is massive sufficient to not fall off the skewer however sufficiently small to prepare dinner evenly.
- Pink Onions: Peel the onion and reduce it into quarters.
- Zucchini or Yellow Squash: Search for medium zucchini or squash. Slice them into ½-inch rounds. Be certain that they’re not too skinny to forestall them from getting too comfortable and falling off the skewer.
- Cherry or Grape Tomatoes: Depart tomatoes complete.
- Corn: Take away the husk and the silk. Reduce the cobs into ½-inch to ¾-inch rounds. Skewer the corn rounds by way of the middle of the cob to make sure they keep on securely.
How Lengthy to Grill Veggie Kabobs
Place the vegetable kabobs on the grill and prepare dinner for about 10 minutes, turning typically till all the things is barely charred and tender. Brush the BBQ sauce on the veggies on the final minute of cooking and switch another time.
The right way to Prepare dinner Veggie Skewers within the Oven:
I discover a grill pan isn’t the very best for these skewers so when you don;t have a grill you possibly can broil them within the oven. Place the oven rack six inches beneath the heating ingredient and prepare dinner for about 10 minutes, turning a number of occasions to make sure even cooking.
What to Serve with Grilled Vegetable Kabobs
The right way to Retailer
These straightforward vegetable kabobs may be prepped a day or two upfront and refrigerate in an hermetic container them till you’re able to prepare dinner them.
The right way to Retailer Veggie Kabobs
Leftovers will last as long as 4 days within the fridge. Reheat within the microwave till heat.
- Greens: Strive totally different greens like yellow squash, eggplant, or mushrooms.
- Tomatoes: Swap cherry tomatoes for grape.
- Sauce: When you don’t like BBQ sauce, skip it. You may end them off with a squeeze of contemporary lemon juice.
Extra Grilled Vegetable Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 kabob
If utilizing picket skewers, soak about 1 hour.
Reduce small ends off corn and reduce every into 6 items, to provide you 12 complete.
Organize the skewers, alternating every veggie so you will have 2 items of every vegetable on every skewer. Spritz throughout with olive oil and season with salt.
Preheat the grill to medium-high warmth.
Mix BBQ sauce and water in a small bowl.
Place kabobs on the grill and prepare dinner, turning typically till the greens are barely charred and tender, about 10 minutes.
Brush the bbq sauce on the veggies, the final minute of cooking, and switch as soon as once more.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 kabob, Energy: 105 kcal, Carbohydrates: 24 g, Protein: 3.5 g, Fats: 1 g, Saturated Fats: 0.5 g, Sodium: 239.5 mg, Fiber: 3.5 g, Sugar: 11.5 g