Final Could we celebrated all issues smoothies with tons of name new, nutrient dense, ridiculously good smoothie recipes to carry you pleasure and nourish your physique. They’re the right recipes to carry again as we head into the summer time months!
This positively unbelievable blueberry smoothie recipe was one among my favs final summer time as a result of it severely tastes identical to a blueberry muffin. As a result of I’m the muffin queen, I knew I needed to create a smoothie recipe that had that cozy, freshly baked taste. My bakery-style blueberry muffins are one among my favs (and hottest) so I basically turned them into this wild blueberry muffin smoothie!
Not solely is that this smoothie scrumptious, but it surely’s additionally filled with nourishing components, loads of protein, fiber, and antioxidants to assist fill you up and make you are feeling wonderful. You’re going to LOVE this one.
FREE Smoothie E-Guide with my finest recipes
On the lookout for much more smoothie recipes, ideas & tips? Enroll under to get a FREE e-book with my finest smoothie recipes, plus all of my finest ideas for making smoothies straight to your inbox:
What are wild blueberries?
Wild blueberries are smaller and extra flavorful than common blueberries as a result of they’ve much less water in them. They’re deliciously candy and just a little tangy, and so they take the flavour of this blueberry smoothie recipe to the following degree.
Wild blueberries are additionally filled with antioxidants and a compound referred to as anthocyanin. These not solely give the blueberries their deep blue/purple shade however are additionally proven to cut back irritation and assist to stop cell harm. Wild blueberries even have a considerably increased quantity of antioxidants and anthocyanin than common blueberries!
Every thing you’ll have to make this blueberry smoothie
Once I say this blueberry smoothie tastes like a blueberry muffin, I imply it! You’ll want a handful of components and mix-ins to get the right texture and taste, plus I’ve included much more methods to customise the flavour under. Right here’s all the things you’ll want:
- Wild blueberries: you should definitely use frozen wild blueberries to maintain the smoothie good and chilly.
- Medjool dates: we’re naturally sweetening this blueberry smoothie with out banana by mixing in Medjool dates. See under for a notice on utilizing dates!
- Greek yogurt: generally I really like to make use of vanilla greek yogurt for additional taste, however be happy to make use of plain if that’s what you’ve got — I’ve examined each methods and it’s simply as delish. Greek yogurt provides a creamy texture and enhance of protein.
- Vanilla: you’ll additionally need to add just a little vanilla extract for much more taste.
- Dietary boosters: we’re mixing in flaxseed meal and hemp hearts for a lift of omega-3s, fiber, protein, magnesium, iron & zinc. Hey, superfoods! These make the smoothie tremendous nourishing and filling and enhance the thickness.
- Rolled oats: the important thing ingredient on this recipe to make it style like a real blueberry muffin smoothie! Rolled oats add that freshly baked taste and heartiness.
- Milk: be happy to make use of any milk you’d like to assist mix up the blueberry smoothie. I like to make use of unsweetened oat or almond milk to maintain it dairy free and for extra muffin taste.
Don’t overlook this trick when utilizing dates
Be aware that you could be want to melt your dates earlier than including them to the blender. To take action, merely soak your pitted dates in 1 cup of very heat water for at the least 5 minutes. This can assist them soften up and be excellent for mixing. Whereas the dates are soaking you may get all of your different components out, measured and prepared.
Strive these wonderful taste boosters
This wild blueberry smoothie is scrumptious as-is, however be happy to combine it up with these enjoyable taste boosters!
- Almond extract: I LOVE including only a drop or two of almond extract to make the blueberry smoothie style like cake. Mmmm blueberry cake for breakfast.
- Cinnamon: a pinch of cinnamon actually brings out that cozy, freshly baked muffin taste. I nearly at all times add cinnamon to my muffin recipes, so it’s the right addition to this smoothie.
- Lemon zest: just a little little bit of lemon zest goes a great distance and provides an exquisite brightness to the smoothie. It received’t make the smoothie bitter or tart, simply much more refreshing.
- Vanilla protein powder: in case you’d like much more vanilla taste (and a lift of protein) be happy so as to add a scoop of your favourite vanilla protein powder! I like Aloha and 4 Sigmatic.
Wanting so as to add much more diet?
Strive one among these straightforward mix-ins:
- Chia seeds: add in a tablespoon of chia seeds to your blueberry smoothie for a lift of wholesome fat and fiber.
- Spinach: in case you’re trying to get extra greens in your smoothie, strive including a cup or two of uncooked or cooked spinach. You’ll by no means be capable to style it, however simply know that it might change the colour of your smoothie to a brownish shade.
- Frozen cauliflower: you possibly can additionally throw in a cup of frozen cauliflower to thicken your smoothie much more and get additional veggies in. You received’t even be capable to style it!
Suggestions for making the perfect blueberry smoothie
With a couple of straightforward ideas & tips you’ll have a wonderfully thick, scrumptious blueberry muffin smoothie very quickly:
- Use frozen fruit. Utilizing frozen wild blueberries on this recipe is finest because it helps preserve the smoothie chilly and thick. Ice can water down the smoothie taste and infrequently doesn’t mix as properly, so it’s finest to skip it until completely obligatory.
- Add extra liquid. Don’t be afraid so as to add extra liquid in case your smoothie is just too thick or received’t absolutely mix — particularly in case you’re including extra mix-ins. Excessive powered blenders are inclined to mix frozen fruit significantly better, so when you’ve got a daily or private measurement blender, you could want so as to add extra milk.
- Begin on low pace. Begin the blender on low pace, then step by step improve to excessive to assist mix all components. Lastly, finish with the blender on low pace.
- Sweeten it up. This blueberry smoothie needs to be excellent candy however in case you’d prefer it sweeter you may add a 1/2 tablespoon of honey, pure maple syrup or one other Medjool date.
- Use your fav milk. Be happy to make use of any milk you’d like in smoothie recipes! Oat and almond milk are inclined to have a impartial style that’s excellent for this muffin impressed smoothie, coconut milk will add a extra tropical and creamy taste, and common milk will add a lift of protein.
Prep this blueberry smoothie for later
Sure, you can also make this wild blueberry smoothie forward of time! I’ve three wonderful methods to prep & retailer smoothies proper in your freezer. Be taught the ice dice tray, mason jar and freezer pack strategies.
Extra smoothie recipes you’ll love
Get all of my scrumptious smoothie recipes right here!
I hope you like this wild blueberry muffin smoothie! For those who make it you should definitely depart a remark and a score so I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xo!
Wild Blueberry Muffin Smoothie
Unimaginable blueberry smoothie made with wild blueberries that tastes identical to a freshly baked blueberry muffin! This nutritious blueberry muffin smoothie is of course sweetened with out banana, has a lift of protein from greek yogurt, and is full of muffin taste because of rolled oats & flax. Optionally available taste add-ins included for this scrumptious breakfast or snack!
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries (they’ve the perfect taste!)
- 2 massive Medjool dates, pitted and softened if obligatory
- ½ cup vanilla greek yogurt (plain additionally works however vanilla has higher taste!)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- ¼ cup rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- ⅔ cup unsweetened oat or almond milk (or sub any milk of alternative!)
- Optionally available add-ins:
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of alternative
Add all components to a excessive powered blender: blueberries, dates, yogurt, flaxseed meal, hemp hearts, rolled oats and milk. Be happy so as to add any elective add-ins to your smoothie in case you’d like. Mix till easy, including extra milk to skinny, if obligatory. Pour right into a glass and luxuriate in! Serves 1. Be happy to double the recipe to serve 2.
Whereas the dates are soaking you may get all of your different components out, measured and prepared.
See the total publish for simple & scrumptious methods to customise your blueberry smoothie!
Serving: 1smoothieEnergy: 432kcalCarbohydrates: 63.4gProtein: 14.6gFats: 14.8gSaturated Fats: 2.8gFiber: 6.4gSugar: 26.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Bold Kitchen | Images by: Eat Love Eats
This publish was initially revealed on Could ninth, 2022, and republished on June twentieth, 2023.