Considered one of my absolute FAVORITE wholesome salads to make in the course of the summer season is that this strawberry spinach salad. It was one of many first salads that my husband Tony ate with out ranch dressing and really LOVED!
I created this recipe a couple of years again and are available again to it each single summer season. It’s completely candy with hits of creaminess and crunch that make it additional particular. Toss it with a simple home made balsamic French dressing (see beneath for a enjoyable berry possibility!) and serve it up as the proper aspect at your subsequent BBQ.
Every time we grill up burgers or rooster sausages, I at all times ensure to have these strawberry spinach salad substances readily available so I can whip up our very favourite.
FREE Summer season Salad E-book
Enroll beneath to get a FREE salad e-book with 5 of my very greatest summer season salad recipes, plus superb salad-making suggestions and hacks that you simply’ll come again to time and time once more!
Elements on this strawberry spinach salad
This greatest ever strawberry spinach salad is filled with recent substances to maintain it vibrant, flavorful, wholesome and enjoyable to eat. You’ll want:
- Spinach: there’s one thing about strawberries and spinach collectively on this salad that simply is smart. Be happy to do half arugula and half spinach for slightly extra zing for those who’d like!
- Contemporary strawberries: seize a case of tremendous juicy, ripe strawberries so as to add pure sweetness to this salad.
- Avocado: you’ll love the creaminess that avocado provides to each chew. I’d advocate selecting an avocado that isn’t too ripe in order that it’s simpler to chop and add to your salad. It ought to have simply the tiniest little bit of squeeze.
- Feta: the creamy, salty taste feta offers to the salad is out of this world. You too can use goat cheese for slightly extra tang, and even gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbles.
- Purple onion: for slightly zing to go along with the creamy feta and candy strawberries. In case you’re delicate to the onion taste, merely soak the slices in water beforehand or omit out of your salad.
- Roasted pistachios: for the proper, nutty crunch. Or simply use extra almonds!
- Toasted sliced almonds: the feel of sliced almonds pairs completely properly along with the pistachios.
- Do-it-yourself strawberry balsamic French dressing: a brilliant straightforward dressing made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, dijon mustard, strawberry jam, salt & pepper (or be at liberty to strive my yummy tangy and candy raspberry balsamic French dressing!).
Lastly, my choice is to make use of natural spinach and natural strawberries as a result of I believe they pack extra taste and vitamins, however the selection is at all times yours.
On the lookout for a protein enhance?
This strawberry salad recipe is scrumptious by itself or along with your favourite proteins. Right here’s what I recommend:
- 1 cup of chickpeas or cooked quinoa to maintain it vegetarian
- Grilled rooster (use the strawberry balsamic French dressing as a marinade!)
- Grilled salmon
How you can toast almonds
You possibly can simply toast your personal almonds proper at residence, and there are two methods to do it: on the stovetop or within the oven!
- Stovetop methodology: Add sliced almonds to a pan and place over medium warmth, stirring sometimes for 2-5 minutes till almonds are barely golden brown. Take away from warmth and permit to chill earlier than including them to the salad.
- Oven methodology: Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Place sliced almonds on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for six to eight minutes till aromatic and golden brown, stirring as soon as midway by means of baking. Watch rigorously in order that nuts don’t burn!
Ideas for making the most effective strawberry spinach salad
- Use agency avocados: firmer avocados are greatest on this salad as a result of they’ll preserve their form. Take a look at precisely methods to reduce an avocado safely right here!
- Combine and match nuts: the roasted pistachios and toasted almonds carry two totally different distinct nutty flavors and crunch to this spinach salad, which I admire, however for those who want you may at all times sub toasted walnuts, pecans and even candied pecans! The choices are countless.
- Use a distinct fruit: if strawberries aren’t accessible, strive blueberries, peaches, raspberries or blackberries. They’ll all be scrumptious.
- Make your personal DIY fruity balsamic French dressing: I’m in love with this dressing as a result of you should use any fruit jam you want to essentially make it your personal. Attempt raspberry, strawberry, blackberry or one thing else for a enjoyable twist!
What to pair this strawberry salad with
The choices are really countless when pairing this superb strawberry salad. It’s the proper aspect for events, potlucks or easy summer season dinners. I like to recommend:
It’s additionally good with cooked quinoa, barley, farro or couscous blended in.
Make it forward of time
Be happy to organize all the substances for the strawberry spinach salad forward of time, however save the dressing till you’re able to get pleasure from. Spinach can have a tendency to take in a variety of moisture, so it’s greatest to benefit from the dressed salad the day-of or someday later.
The avocado ought to keep recent for a few days with assist from the acidity from the balsamic. You too can add a squeeze of lemon juice for those who plan on storing the strawberry spinach salad earlier than dressing and serving it.
How you can retailer this strawberry spinach salad
Retailer this strawberry spinach salad in an hermetic container within the fridge, with out the dressing, for as much as 4-5 days. The dressing will keep good in a container within the fridge for as much as one week as properly.
Extra scrumptious salads to strive
Get all of our superb salad recipes right here!
In case you make this summer season strawberry spinach salad recipe, make sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram. We’d additionally love for those who would go away a remark beneath and price the recipe. We admire you! xo.
Summer season Strawberry Spinach Salad with Avocado
Beautiful summer season strawberry spinach salad topped with avocado, feta, purple onion, toasted almonds, pistachios and drizzled with a flavorful strawberry balsamic French dressing. One of the best ever strawberry salad recipe that is candy, tangy, crunchy, creamy and the proper lunch or straightforward aspect dish!
- For the salad:
- 1 package deal (5 ounces) natural spinach
- 8 ounces strawberries, halved (about 2 cups halved strawberries)
- 1 massive avocado, sliced
- ½ small purple onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta crumbles
- ⅓ cup uncooked sliced almonds
- ¼ cup chopped shelled roasted pistachios
- For the balsamic strawberry French dressing:
- 3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, grated or finely minced
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon strawberry jam (or jam of selection)
- Freshly floor salt and pepper, to style
In a mason jar or small bowl, add all the dressing substances. Shake or combine properly to mix. Style and add extra salt/pepper, if needed.
Toast the almonds on the stovetop: add the almonds to a pan and place over medium warmth, stirring sometimes for 2-5 minutes till almonds are barely golden brown. Take away from warmth and permit to chill.
Add spinach to a big bowl, layer on the strawberries, avocado slices, purple onion, feta, toasted almonds, and chopped pistachios. Be happy so as to add dressing now or set it out for particular person servings. High salad bowls with additional toasted almonds and drizzle every bowl with 1/4 of the dressing. Serves 4.
Use a distinct fruit: if strawberries aren’t accessible, strive blueberries, peaches, raspberries or blackberries. They will all be scrumptious.
Make your personal DIY fruity balsamic French dressing: I am in love with this dressing as a result of you should use any fruit jam you want to essentially make it your personal. Attempt raspberry, strawberry, blackberry or one thing else for a enjoyable twist.
Serving: 1serving (1/4 of recipe)Energy: 340kcalCarbohydrates: 17.2gProtein: 8.5gFats: 28.7gSaturated Fats: 6gFiber: 6.9gSugar: 5.4g
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Formidable Kitchen | Pictures by: Eat Love Eats
This submit was initially printed on Could twenty third, 2019, republished on Could twenty third, 2021, and republished on June twenty first, 2023.