This pesto hen salad is every part you need in a summer time meal. Juicy hen, crisp greens, and toasted pine nuts get tossed with a contemporary and creamy basil pesto sauce that takes this salad excessive. Plus, it double duties as a sturdy meal prep concept for the week or a crowd-loving summer time salad.
Don’t get me improper — my final hen salad can by no means get replaced, particularly with what number of raving evaluations it has. However when basil season is upon us, it’s time to show a brand new (inexperienced) leaf on a basic by mixing hen salad with my do-it-yourself basil pesto sauce. It was a spur-of-the-moment concept, however I’ve to say, this pesto hen salad is nearly too good. When you love pesto as a lot as I do… it’s assured to be a summer time salad favourite.
Pesto Hen Salad Substances
The ingredient checklist is sort of easy. However I’ve bought a number of notes under on the condiments used on this salad.
- Hen: Comply with my poached hen recipe for completely cooked hen. Then, you’ll be able to cube it into cubes or make shredded hen. Need an excellent simpler shortcut? Use store-bought rotisserie hen.
- Greens: Diced celery ribs and pink onion add crisp and crunchy goodness (and a pop of pink!).
- Nuts: I like toasting the pine nuts for only a few minutes for an even higher nutty taste. However be happy to make use of uncooked nuts as nicely.
- Cheese: The cheese is non-obligatory, however a sprinkle of grated parmesan is a scrumptious addition.
- Sauce: Stir the mayonnaise and basil pesto for a contemporary and creamy combo. I actually imagine do-it-yourself is finest for each condiments. So I’ve linked my basil pesto recipe under, and right here’s the way to make mayonnaise.
Discover the printable recipe with measurements under within the recipe card.
Learn how to Make Pesto Hen Salad
Stir the salad. Upon getting every part sliced and diced, add all of the components to a big mixing bowl. Stir till the salad is nicely mixed and evenly coated with the basil pesto.
Serve or chill. You may take pleasure in this salad immediately or go away it chilled within the fridge for later.
Since this recipe is supposed to be chilled, don’t go away it out at room temperature for greater than two hours. In any other case, retailer it within the fridge for as much as 4 to five days.
Extra Summer time Salad Recipes
Flip one of the best of summer time produce into these straightforward summer time salads. And in case you want a number of extra concepts, take a peek via this checklist of salad recipes that can hopefully spur your inventive juices within the kitchen.
I hope you’re keen on this pesto hen salad as a lot as I do for the summer time season! When you make it, let me know your ideas within the remark field under.
Pesto Hen Salad
This pesto hen salad is a contemporary basil pesto spin on a basic that can undoubtedly be the summer time salad of the season!
Stir. In a big mixing bowl, stir collectively all of the components till it is nicely mixed and evenly coated with the basil pesto.
Serve or chill. Take pleasure in this salad immediately or go away it chilled within the fridge for later.
Energy: 272kcal, Carbohydrates: 4g, Protein: 18g, Fats: 20g, Saturated Fats: 3g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 6g, Monounsaturated Fats: 3g, Trans Fats: 0.03g, Ldl cholesterol: 54mg, Sodium: 544mg, Potassium: 358mg, Fiber: 1g, Sugar: 1g, Vitamin A: 507IU, Vitamin C: 2mg, Calcium: 46mg, Iron: 1mg
©Downshiftology. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.