Mediterranean Meatballs made with flavorful floor turkey meatballs served over Israeli couscous and a vivid, lemony cucumber tomato salad. Make them within the air fryer or oven!
Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs
I like meatballs, Mediterranean flavors, and pearl couscous, so placing all of them collectively in a one-bowl meal appeared pure. The meatballs brown superbly within the air fryer, and the equipment is nice in the course of the hotter months, so that you don’t warmth up your kitchen. In the event you don’t have an air fryer, you may make them within the oven. The couscous cooks rapidly and is a wonderful base for contemporary Israeli salad and lemon juice. This dish is nice to meal prep for lunch or make for a fast weeknight household dinner. Extra floor turkey meatball recipes to attempt are these Greek Turkey Meatballs, Italian Turkey Meatballs, and Sheet Pan Turkey Meatballs.
What’s the secret to meatballs?
Listed below are a number of suggestions for scrumptious meatballs:
- Binding Substances: To stop turkey meatballs from falling aside, you want one thing to maintain them collectively. That’s why we now have the egg and panko.
- Don’t Overmix: You wish to combine the meatball components till simply mixed with out overdoing them. It’ll make the meatballs too powerful.
- Don’t Overbake: Be sure to not bake (or air fry) the meatballs for longer than wanted, which is able to dry them out.
Mediterranean Turkey Meatball Substances
- Binders: Egg and panko breadcrumbs bind the meat collectively.
- Herbs: Recent dill and Italian parsley
- Salt, Pepper, and Recent Garlic taste the meatballs.
- Turkey: Purchase 93% lean floor turkey.
What to serve with Mediterranean Meatballs:
- Couscous: I used whole-wheat pearl couscous, additionally known as Israeli couscous, which is definitely a pasta. In the event you can’t discover whole-wheat, common is okay.
- Salad: Tomato, Persian or English cucumber, purple onion, Italian parsley, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper
- Mediterranean Meatball Sauce: Serve the bowls with lemon wedges, a dollop of tzatziki or nonfat plain Greek yogurt, and a drizzle of olive oil if desired.
The way to Make Mediterranean Meatballs
- Make the Meatballs: Crack the egg in a medium bowl and beat with a fork. Add the herbs, panko, garlic, salt, and pepper and blend. Add the turkey and blend with a fork till all the things is mixed. Watch out to not overmix. Roll the meat into 16 one-ounce balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Air Fryer Meatballs: Spray the air fryer basket with olive oil and place the meatballs in an excellent layer. Prepare dinner at 400°F for eight to 10 minutes, turning midway by way of.
- Or Baked Meatballs: In the event you don’t have an air fryer, bake the turkey meatballs at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Prepare dinner Couscous: Sauté the dry pasta in olive oil in a small pot. Pour within the broth, carry it to a boil, and cut back the warmth to low. Cowl the pot and simmer for 10 minutes till all of the liquid is absorbed. Add a pinch of salt if wanted.
- Make the Salad: Mix all of the salad components in a small bowl.
- Assemble the Bowls: Put the couscous in every of the 4 bowls with the salad, meatballs, and lemon wedges. High the Mediterranean bowls with tzatziki or yogurt and olive oil if desired.
The way to Meal Prep Mediterranean Meatball Bowls
These simple Mediterranean bowls are unbelievable for meal prep. All of the components will preserve for as much as 4 days within the fridge. To pack them for later:
- Retailer the meatballs and couscous in a single container, the salad and lemon wedges in one other, and the tzatziki in a small container.
- To reheat, microwave the meatball dish for a couple of minute and prime it with the opposite components.
- Couscous: Substitute common couscous with pearl.
- Grain Bowl: Swap couscous with brown rice, barley, or quinoa.
- Gluten-free: Use gluten-free panko and brown rice.
- Protein: Make floor hen meatballs as an alternative of floor turkey.
- Further Veggies: Add diced bell pepper or zucchini.
- Cheese: High with feta.
Extra Floor Turkey Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 bowl
For the bowl:
- 1 ½ tablespoons additional virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/3 cup dry pearl Israeli couscous, I used complete wheat
- 1 ¾ cup reduced-sodium hen, or vegetable broth
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 2 cups Persian or English cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup purple onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, contemporary chopped
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lemon juice, from 1/2 lemon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly floor black pepper, to style
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- ½ cup tzatziki or nonfat plain Greek yogurt, optionally available, for serving
For the turkey meatballs:
Crack the egg right into a medium mixing bowl and beat with a fork. Add the herbs, panko, garlic, salt and pepper and blend to mix.
Add the turkey and with the fork, combine to mix, being cautious to not over-mix. Roll combination into 16 evenly sized meatballs, about 1 ounce every, place on a parchment lined sheet pan and put aside till able to cook dinner. (Totally wash your fingers and work floor.)
To air fry: Spray the air fryer basket generously with olive oil. Add the meatballs in an excellent layer, cooking in batches if wanted, and cook dinner at 400 levels F for 8- 10 minutes, turning midway by way of cook dinner time.
To bake within the oven, bake on a sheet pan 400F 20 minutes, no want to show.
In the meantime, warmth a small sauce pot over medium warmth.
Add ½ tablespoon olive oil and the dry couscous and sauté to toast the grains for about 3 minutes. Add the new broth, carry to a boil, then cut back warmth to simmer, cowl and cook dinner for about 10 minutes, or till all of the liquid is absorbed. Add a pinch of salt, if wanted.
Whereas meatballs and couscous are cooking, make the salad. In a small bowl, mix the tomato, cucumber, purple onion, 3 tablespoons parsley, 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, to style.
To assemble bowls: Add ¾ cup every of couscous to 4 bowls. High with 3/4 cup salad and 4 meatballs. Serve with a lemon wedge, a dollop of tzatziki or yogurt (if desired) and drizzle of oil, if utilizing.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 bowl, Energy: 466 kcal, Carbohydrates: 48 g, Protein: 31 g, Fats: 16 g, Saturated Fats: 3 g, Ldl cholesterol: 130 mg, Sodium: 644 mg, Fiber: 4.5 g, Sugar: 3 g