Fill these simple loaded egg muffins with any mixture of veggies, cheese, and meats. Excellent breakfast to make forward for the week.
Loaded Egg Muffins
These wholesome Loaded Egg Muffins are made with eggs, bacon, spinach, cheese, and veggies after which baked in a muffin tin. I used a few of my favourite omelet substances, however you’ll be able to change it up and use no matter you want or have in your fridge. Extra of my favourite egg muffin recipes are these Broccoli and Cheese Egg Muffins, Egg White Muffins, and Hash Brown Egg White Nests.
Why This Recipe Works
- Wholesome: Two omelet muffins have 14 grams of protein with solely 165 energy and underneath three grams of carbs.
- Meal Prep: These egg cups are good for making forward at any time when you might have time, and so they freeze and reheat properly.
- Handy: They’re an incredible grab-and-go breakfast or snack to have prepared within the fridge or freezer.
Loaded Egg Muffin Components
- Eggs: You’ll want 9 giant eggs.
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Greens: Thawed and drained frozen spinach, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper
- Bacon: Cook dinner three strips of bacon and chop it.
- Cheese: Use two ounces of shredded cheddar, or mozzarella, swiss, and many others
How you can Make Egg Muffins
- As soon as all of your substances are prepped, these simple egg muffins come collectively shortly. Simply whisk the eggs, season with salt and pepper, and stir within the remaining substances.
- How you can Bake Eggs in Muffin Tin: Preheat the oven to 350°F, and spray a muffin tin generously with cooking spray. Place the tin on a baking sheet and pour within the egg combination.
- How Lengthy to Bake Egg Muffins: Bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes till set. If you pull them out of the oven, they could deflate a bit of – that is regular!
To stop egg muffins from sticking to the tin, observe these steps:
- Correctly Grease Your Muffin Tin:Use an olive oil spray to completely grease every muffin cup, together with the perimeters and backside.
- Use Silicone Muffin Cups:Think about using silicone cups or liners, that are naturally nonstick.
- Enable Egg Muffins to Cool Earlier than Elimination: After baking, let the omelet muffins cool for no less than 5 to 10 minutes. Cooling permits the egg to retract barely from the perimeters of the tin, making them simpler to take away.
- Use a Knife or Spatula:If they’re nonetheless caught after cooling, use a skinny knife or a small spatula to rigorously loosen the perimeters of every egg muffin earlier than trying to take away them from the tin.
How lengthy do egg muffins hold?
Egg muffins are good for meal prep. You possibly can even double the recipe. Make them forward and freeze or refrigerate the remaining. They may hold within the fridge for as much as 4 days.
How you can Freeze
Right here’s what to do to freeze these breakfast muffins for the month:
- Let the muffins cool, then take away them from the muffin tin.
- Flash freeze them by setting them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and sticking the pan within the freezer. This step prevents the muffins from freezing collectively.
- As soon as frozen, switch them to a freezer-safe bag, label it, and return it to the freezer.
How you can Reheat Egg Muffin Cups
To reheat, you don’t even must thaw them first. Pop them within the microwave straight from the freezer and heat for one minute till heated by means of.
You possibly can fill these breakfast egg muffin cups with something you want in your omelets! Under are some variations:
- Eggs: Should you want egg whites, you should use them or do half eggs and half whites.
- Cheese: Omit the cheese to make them Paleo or Whole30. Or swap the cheddar with Monterrey Jack, mozzarella, or Swiss.
- Vegetarian Egg Muffins: Omit the bacon.
- Meat: Add chopped, cooked rooster sausage or ham.
- Don’t like one of many veggies? Lacking one? No worries! Swap any of the greens for no matter you want. Zucchini, mushrooms, asparagus, and broccoli would all be good.
- Leafy Greens: Use leftover cooked leafy greens, like Swiss chard or kale. Should you don’t have frozen spinach, sauté recent and add it to the muffins.
- Western Omelet: Use ham, Swiss, and bell peppers.
- Egg Casserole: You possibly can bake the egg combination in an 8”-x-8” pan for about 30-40 minutes. Verify it with a toothpick to make sure it’s clear earlier than eradicating it from the oven.
Extra Egg Muffin Recipes
Yield: 6 servings
Serving Measurement: 2 omelets
Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray the muffin tin generously with cooking spray to forestall sticking.
In a big bowl whisk the eggs, season with salt and pepper.
Combine within the remaining substances.
Fill and place tins on a cookie sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, till set.
Please go away a score and remark letting us understand how you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 2 omelets, Energy: 165 kcal, Carbohydrates: 2.5 g, Protein: 14 g, Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fats: 4.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 289 mg, Sodium: 267 mg